How Classic Crime Solving Techniques Helped Crack the Case of America’s Greatest Culinary Mystery
Book summary (full version):
(Pandamensional Solutions, Inc., 2018)
“It gives me delight to report Hamburger Dreams is both scrupulously researched and written with graceful style.
I could not put it down and finished it in a single sitting.”
– Craig Shelton, James Beard Award Winning Chef,
Shelton Hospitality Group
Have You Ever Paused to Consider This Question?
How do you solve a cold case that’s so close to you it’s sizzling on your backyard barbecue? Literally. Many have tried to solve the alluring question of “Who sold the first hamburger?” Some promote their own backyard answer, relying more on faith than on hard evidence.
Hamburger Dreams, a new book by the prolific Chris Carosa, uses classic crime solving techniques to crack the case of America’s greatest culinary mystery. Reviewers call Carosa “a born narrator” who, with “the brilliance of a culinary gumshoe and the diligence of a conscientious reporter,” uses “meaty research and tantalizing story-telling” to “separate fact from fiction.”
Cynics will tell you we can never discover who really sold the first hamburger just because there is no smoking gun proof. By coincidence, literature’s most famous detective appeared at the same time the first hamburger was sold. Would he have conceded just because the case lacked a credible eye witness? Would he say it’s impossible to know who among the usual suspects most likely sold the first hamburger? No. Sherlock Holmes didn’t rely on the existence of a smoking gun. He used something more convincing: the power of deduction. But, just how exactly would he approach this case?
Would you like to Feed Your Curiosity?
Join award-winning academic researcher and journalist Christopher Carosa as he uses these classic crime solving techniques and other investigative tools to crack the mystery behind who sold the world’s first hamburger. In his latest, Hamburger Dreams, Carosa submits his findings in much the same way a DA might present a final summation to the jury.
Would you like to benefit from reading Chris Carosa’s Hamburger Dreams anytime you want?
- Click here to purchase the Chris Carosa’s Hamburger Dreams directly from Amazon.
- Click here to purchase the Chris Carosa’s Hamburger Dreams directly from Barnes & Noble.
- Click here to purchase the Chris Carosa’s Hamburger Dreams directly from The Book Depository (free delivery worldwide).
- Click here to purchase the Chris Carosa’s Hamburger Dreams directly from CEO Read for bulk orders (when available).
- Click here to purchase the Chris Carosa’s Hamburger Dreams at your nearest retail outlet.